What’s been going since the New Year? Lots.
Last year was difficult for a wide array of reasons, but in the face of adversity, our team and community persevered.
In summary, we redenominated SHIFT to create Wrapped Shift, hired Monte Labs to audit the wSHIFT contract, listed on Uniswap DEX, launched Substrate testnet v0.0.1, released 2 mainnet updates, joined the Polkadot Hello World Hackathon, acquired additional web domains for future use, updated our website, and more!
ShiftNrg proudly ended last year with 100% uptime on our blockchain!
Read all the details in our last newsletter, here.
In the few months since the new year, we are incredibly excited to report a number of noteworthy updates:
- We announced plans to shut down our Lisk-based mainnet on April 30th @12pm CST in anticipation of our Substrate mainnet expected before the end of this year
- We opened up Wrapped SHIFT (wSHIFT) swaps, a non-mandatory, 2-way bridge to the migration to Substrate-based Shift expected later this year
- We submitted a talk to #PolkadotDecoded2021 titled, “The Case for a Decentralized, Uncensored Internet”
- We hired a marketing specialist (me!)
- We announced our first bounty
- Coinmarketcap.com listed Wrapped SHIFT
- We created a Chinese channel on Discord
- We updated our website even more (see our new teams section!)
- We released our first and second dev updates!
In keeping with the transparency of our community-based project, our devs decided to release monthly updates to keep you informed of the progress being made towards decentralizing the web!
What’s happening in Q2 and beyond?
A new Substrate testnet version with more functionality.
Getting the Phoenix demo online.
Increase liquidity in our Uniswap pool.
Integration with Blockfolio.
An automated wSHIFT migration process.
World Day Against Cyber Censorship was on Friday, March 12th and as the only truly decentralized web solution, ShiftNrg, wholly and unequivocally denounces censorship in any form — stay tuned for updates about our decentralized platform that will allow for unstoppable censorship-free content.
Stay tuned for the next installment of our now quarterly summary that will go into more detail about all the exciting happenings at ShiftNrg.
- The team is building on the progress of 2H2020 and continues to work on the development of our core tech to complete the migration to a Substrate-based blockchain by the end of the year.
- Wrapped Shift, our ERC-20 token, is available to obtain on Uniswap, and an automated migration process is anticipated by the end of the month.
- Call for community support — join our Discord.
The ShiftNrg Team
ShiftNrg combines the transparency, immutability, and decentralization of blockchain technology with distributed hosting. We are a community of crypto-enthusiasts who believe in your right to a decentralized web. As an exciting 2021 begins, our project is continuing to develop technology to decentralize the internet as we know it and overcome censorship throughout the world.
Feedback? We’d love to hear from you! Reach us as above or by email: [email protected]
P.S. Clap 50 times for this article by clicking and holding on the “clap” icon!